Summer Youth Employment in the Arts Program
The Illinois Arts Council Agency (IACA) Summer Youth Employment in the Arts (SYEA) program provides funds to eligible Illinois not-for-profit arts organizations to support summer employment opportunities for high school students. Jobs may be administrative or artistic in nature, or a combination of both. Grant requests for fiscal year 2015 are for employment opportunities occurring between June 1 and August 31, 2015.
This program will provide:
- Positive experiences and training in the arts to enhance personal growth,
- Specific skill development to promote career preparation,
- A deeper and broadened connection to community;
- Greater awareness and understanding of the impact and value of art in personal and public life; and
- Support to further the mission and goals of the organization.
- Applicants may request support for up to four high school students per summer.
- Recent high school graduates that have not yet entered college may be included.
- The IACA will support up to 20 hours per week per student.
- The stipend offered must be no less than the Illinois minimum wage (see page 8 of the program guidelines for the link to current rates: http://arts.illinois.gov/sites/default/files/content/program-forms/SYEA%20FY15.pdf)
- Students may only participate in one IACA supported position per year.
- Grant recipients must comply with Illinois state employment laws.
Friday, January 30, 2015. Applications must be successfully submitted to the Illinois eGrant system by 5:00pm central time.