The Illinois Arts Council Agency implements several statewide initiatives for arts organizations, educators, and individual artists, often in partnership with local, state, regional, and national entities. On this page you will find an overview of current and ongoing special initiatives.
- Illinois Cultural Data Project: The Illinois Cultural Data Project (CDP) is a powerful, online management tool designed to strengthen arts and cultural organizations. This unique system allows users to track their own financial and programmatic performance over time and to benchmark themselves against comparable organizations in specific disciplines, geographic regions and budget sizes. More >>
- Poetry Out Loud: National Recitation Project: The National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation have partnered with State Arts Agencies of the United States to support the expansion of Poetry Out Loud, which encourages the nation's youth to learn about great poetry through memorization and performance. This exciting program helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about their literary heritage. More >>
- AH! (Arts + Humanities) Month: National Arts and Humanities Month is a coast-to-coast collective celebration of culture in America. Held every October and coordinated by Americans for the Arts, it is the largest annual celebration of the arts and humanities in the nation. From arts center open houses to mayoral proclamations to banners and media coverage, communities across the United States join together to recognize the importance of arts and culture in our daily lives. Promoted in Illinois by the Illinois Arts Council Agency in partnership with Illinois Humanities. More >>
- Education Leaders Institute: Arts education is all too often on the sidelines of discussions on American public education. The National Endowment for the Arts Education Leaders Institute supports the design of K-12 education with arts at the core through pioneering thinking and intensive dialogue. Established by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), ELI brings together school leaders, legislators, policy makers, educators, consultants, and scholars to envision a healthy national education environment founded on powerful arts education programs. More >>
- The Local Arts Network (LAN) is a partnership program between the Illinois Arts Council Agency and Arts Alliance Illinois to build capacity and excellence amongst Local Arts Agencies so they can better serve their communities and to provide opportunities for validation and support. The LAN is open to leaders from Local Arts Agencies across Illinois. More >>
One State Together in the Arts - Convened every other year by the Illinois Arts Council Agency and Arts Alliance Illinois, One State Together in the Arts is the only conference for arts administrators, practitioners, and other stakeholders from all artistic disciplines and all corners of Illinois. More >>