Teachers interested in participating in the official Illinois Poetry Out Loud competition will need to:
- Read the NEA's Guidance on Eligibility.
- Review the Teaching Resources page.
- Download the Teacher's Guide.
- Fill out and submit the Illinois School Registration Form.
- Keep the Regional Partner informed of your school contest date.
- Notify the Regional Partner of your school’s first and second place winners.
- Facilitate the involvement of your school winners in the Regional Contest in your area.
- Support students from your school that may advance to the State and National Finals.